In the Site Properties panel you can access options that apply to your site as a whole: enter your custom domain name, add search engine meta data, password-protect the whole site, and more. To open Site Properties enter Admin view, click the Control Panel label on top right and choose Site Properties.
At the top of the Site Properties screen you can set the Site Title, the delimiter used between your page title and site title, enter your site domain and change the design for your site.
Site Title: This is the title that will appear in the header area of all the pages of your site as well as in the browser window title.
In the small field next to the Site Title you can customize the Page Title Delimiter. This character separates the Site title from the Page title in the Browser window. You may set the delimiter to symbols such as: #, -, :, etc.
My Domain: This option is available only if you are subscribed to a plan that includes a domain name. It allows you to display your site under your own domain name. Please refer to the Domain Name Setup tutorial for detailed instructions.
Design: Shows the current design for your site. You may also switch to another design by clicking Change Design button. You may filter the list of designs by category and preview the designs by clicking on the loupe icon at the bottom right of each design thumbnail.
To see a short video tutorial on changing the Design used for your site, please refer to the Change Design tutorial.
Site Properties panel has several sections with advanced site settings. Click Show Options to see the settings available in a specific section.
Access Control: The Access Control section allows you to protect all pages from your site by password or email address authorization.
- If you wish to restrict access to your site only to individuals who have been given a certain password, fill in the desired password in the Password field. Please note, if the website is password protected it won't be accessible for search engine crawlers.
- If you do not want your site to be password protected, just leave the No Protection option enabled.
Access protection takes effect immediately after updating, no need to publish. Depending on whether you have chosen to password-protect your site or restrict access to the members of a mailing list, users will be asked to fill in a site password or an email address when they access your site.
Several advanced functions are enabled through the Special Features section:
- Site Statistics & Google Web property ID: Use this tool to Monitor your website statistics with Google Analytics.
- Embedded Search: Display a Google search box in your site header.
- Location: The Location setting allows you to localize the date and time format displayed in several areas of your site. Applications like News & Events, and the Appointment Scheduler, as well as building elements like the File Area, Text & Image editor, and Form editor will display the date and time according to your Location setting.
- Site Keywords & Site Description: Here you can add relevant Meta Data for improved Search Engine Optimization.
- Social Sharing Image: Here you can set a image that will be used as a thumbnail image when pages from your site are shared on Facebook and Google+. Select between Use Page Content Images, Use Site Logo and Upload Custom Image.
- Header HTML: Here you can insert pieces of code into the Head element of your site. Elements inside the tag can include scripts, CSS, provide meta information, and more. Using the Header HTML you can easily and quickly confirm site-ownership for valuable SEO services like Google Webmaster tools & Bing. It also lets you add the necessary codes to enable Facebook Insights statistics for your website or adjust the appearance of your site on mobile devices. There are many other useful meta tags that you can add to your site. You can find a list of the most common meta tags on HTMLForDesigners.com.
- Encoding: Set your sites Language Encoding.
- News Per Page (if any): define the number of news items per page (for designs with an option for news)
- Site Static Files: The static files upload feature will let you add search engine-related or other files (up to 20K) in the root folder of your website. To upload static files from your hard disk, browse for them and click Upload.
Text style options and Custom CSS upload: Some designs have a Font Theme option allowing to change the font used for all text content on your site. You may choose between four predefined font options. Or, if you wish to use your own styles, browse for a valid CSS file from the Custom Styles box.
If you need to review the applied text style changes before publishing them live, click Update and select the Preview option from the confirmation popup box.
Footer Layout: A number of designs (Aurora, Pasta and others) have a Footer Layout option allowing to change the position and alignment of the bottom navigation, footer icons and copyright text.